As a Gensler architectural co-op student, you will collaborate with the project team to develop design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation phase of a project. You will be successful because you already know how to translate an architect's sketches and documents into realized2D/3Dmodels and images and can research artistic and/or technical issues when they arise. Your work ethic, combined with your commitment to collaboration and mentoring, makes Gensler the perfect place to nurture and support your education.
What You Will Do
- Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
- Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
- Completed 3 years of a Bachelor of Architecture degree or 1st year of a Master of Architecture degree
- Must be available to work full-time on business days of the week
- Proficiency in modeling using 2D/3D software: Revit, Octane, 3dViz, 3dsMAX, and/or Rhino utilizing V-Ray
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and parametric design software, including Grasshopper, a plus
How to Apply
Candidates must include a portfolio, resume and cover letter to be considered.
Gensler celebrates diversity and our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
You may view our Pay Transparency Statement, your EEO rights under the law, and EEO is the law supplemental information on our website. Gensler shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Gensler endeavors to make gensler.com/careers accessible to all applicants. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Regarding Gensler’s approach to recruiting new talent, we will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with Gensler to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing Gensler should email email@example.com.