The Regional Estimator is an integral member of the work acquisition team providing support to the sales, estimating and engineering team during the project development phase and managing bids.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in civil engineering or construction management with 3 to 5 years estimating or construction field related experience. Heavy civil construction estimating experience is preferred.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry contractors, consultants, and clients.
- Develop and prepare budgetary estimates and CAD layouts during the project development phase.
- Coordinate with the regional sales and estimating team to ensure timely completion of tasks including site visits, estimates, and construction layout drawings.
- Work with the bid team to formulate strategy and provide direction for bids within the assigned territory.
- Review and analyze project plans and specifications to determine the required scope of work, develop requests for information (RFIs), and to prepare requests for quotation (RFQs) or proposals for the project.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to the bid team on qualifications and pricing of potential subcontractors.
- Prepare bid check estimates for site related scope of work to assist in assessing the project budget.
- Coordinate and manage project hand off after the bid phase to the construction team.
This position requires approximately 25% travel within the assigned territory in order to evaluate the scope of work, site construction layouts, or site/utility estimates, to attend pre-bid/bid meetings, and to develop relationships with general contractors and subcontractors.
- 3 to 5 years estimating or construction field related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office products
- The ability to follow written and verbal directions and must be dependable, diligent, and thorough
DN Tanks is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.