Business Unit:Cubic Transportation SystemsCompany Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
Performs testing, repair and maintenance activities to equipment at field sites. Operates and maintains digital and analog electronic devices and troubleshoots assemblies to the board level. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to senior field technicians in setting up, installing and initiating the operations and servicing of equipment at field sites.
- Provides assistance to senior field technicians performing routine campaigns and installations.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Develops wiring diagrams and draws layouts of electronic equipment.
- Interfaces with customer agency in a professional manner.
- Identifies and analyzes equipment malfunctions and utilizes various maintenance and repair manuals, test equipment, wiring diagrams, schematics, electronic devices and electrical equipment, to rework, repair and maintain equipment.
- Maintains records of all maintenance activities in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Assists other site technicians in solving unusual problems in the hardware.
- Performs general maintenance on all installed equipment.
- Performs technical and semi-technical tasks not always electronic in nature.
- Builds cable assemblies and Printed Circuit Board (PCB's) as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Two year college degree, or equivalent, in electronics, computer science, information systems and/or related technical school,
- A minimum of three years' related experience.
- Ability to understand verbal instructions to rework, repair, test, troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel foreign and domestic.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for extended periods, and to climb stairs. Ability to work in hectic and noisy environments.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.Worker Type:Employee
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law