CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Architect based in our Boston, MA office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we'd love to hear from you. We're looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will perform in a Project Architect role and will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead design, production, coordination, and architectural detailing as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Lead and assist in coordination of engineering systems with engineers and consultants; actively partner with Design Leadership to carry through design intent; and coordinate with all other team members on project assignments and documents.
- Prepare design sketches of moderate to complex site plans.
- Communicate project status, design intent, construction updates, and other critical information in a clear and compelling way to the owner(s), consultants, and clients.
- Participate in Business Development activity and partner with Marketing and Office Leadership as needed to help grow top line.
- Take a proactive leadership role within the project team and the office; take a leadership role in team meetings.
- Perform field site inspections. Field site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations throughout the life of the project.
- Facilitate integration of performance-based and sustainable design strategies into design solution whenever possible.
- Lead project teams by implementing CannonDesign Method using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Create a stimulating and rewarding environment that sets the tone for design and technical excellence.
- Empower staff and delegate effectively; build high-performance teams by encouraging innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provoke critical thinking and critique of work; also, identify and share lessons learned with teams
- Supervise, monitor, train and direct work of interns and less experienced team members.
- Monitor the technical quality of the projects by enforcing the application of QA/QC process standards and requirements while ensuring that all statutory requirements for the project are achieved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Unexpired Architectural Registration in the United States required.
- Minimum 10 years of related professional experience.
- Experience on Health, Education or S&T projects is preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Familiarity with Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.