Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Associate Director, Account Management, Pricing and Access Strategy, plays an important role across the full commercialization continuum to ensure thorough and accurate pricing and contracting analyses. Responsible for developing and supporting work with a cross functional team to assess and develop contracting opportunities, providing support for contract negotiations, and monitoring contract effectiveness. Support the development and execution of WAC/NET pricing, payer reimbursement impact and contracting/discounting strategies for assigned franchise.
Your Responsibilities will Include, but are not limited to:
* Support the development of market access strategies for inline and pipeline products by conducting pre- and post-deal modelling scenarios and customer view analyses.
* Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including market access product teams, policy, HEOR and finance to manage activities and work on pricing and contracting approvals.
* Support with launch WAC, contracting strategy and WAC maintenance through a product(s) lifecycle.
* Assists with account plans and required financial analyses for Accounts and works effectively with colleagues in other functions to achieve Account goals.
* Support account leads to understand account needs, perspective, and issues to deliver account and product market access strategies.
This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position.
This position can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position will require 20% travel.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $166,400 and $249,600 year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
* Bachelor's degree required. MBA, Healthy Policy or equivalent preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience with significant focus in at least 2 of the following areas, including but not limited to Finance, Market Access, Operations, Business Development or Consulting.
* Thorough understanding and knowledge of US healthcare economics and the drivers of pharmaceutical demand, including pricing and reimbursement.
* Robust experience manipulating large, complex datasets with the ability to extract actionable insights and clearly communicate findings to Executive level leadership via PowerPoint storyboard.
* Extensive experience in healthcare financial modeling and contracting, and critical understanding of PBM, National and Regional Health Plan business, Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B and changing market landscape.
* Proven ability to navigate complex customers and build relationships across all key stakeholders, including executive management.
* Demonstrated prioritization, organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to create solutions for com-plex processes and procedures.
* Inspirational leadership with significant leadership experience and a high level of self-awareness and curiosity with focus on empowering others.
* Demonstrates high degree of emotional intelligence, adaptability, and creativity in solution-oriented ideation - results-oriented, fails fast to learn faster, and embodies an agile, growth mindset.
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Innovative Medicine US
East Hanover, NJ